TELUS World of Science – Edmonton
ON LOCATION CONTEST - Guess How Many LEGO® Bricks Are in The Box!!!
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- NO PURCHASE REQUIRED. TO ENTER the Contest, simply request an entry form at the Box Office at the TELUS World of Science – Edmonton (located at 11211 142 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5M 4A1), during the Contest Period – May 5, 2023 until September 30, 2023 between regular hours of operation fill out an entry form to signify that you have read and agree to be bound by these Rules and you will be provided with one (1) entry into the Prize Draw. Limit of one (1) entry per adult (18+). If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once, all your entries will be void. All entries and entrants are subject to verification for compliance with these Rules. An entrant may be required to provide proof of Identity matching the submitted applicable entry. The Contest starts at the specified time located on the entry box at the time of submission. There will be specifications on the entry box for the number of prizes to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Limit to one prize per adult per day.
- The contest sponsor is TELUS World of Science – Edmonton (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
- To enter and to be eligible to win, the entrant must be a legal resident of Alberta, 18 years or older, at the time of contest. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies, administrators, and School Groups are ineligible to enter.
- Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded. The Prize(s) may not be sold, transferred, and not convertible to cash or cheque. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. The prize winners are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. 1st place prize is a LEGO® City Space Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control set valued at $330. 2nd place prize is the LEGO® pieces enclosed in the display case whose contents are being guessed upon for the contest.
- On the business day of operation following the “Contest End Date” on Tuesday, October 3 at approximately 9:00 a.m. Mountain Time. The winners of the first prize and second prize will be determined at TELUS World of Science – Edmonton from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period (the “Prize Draw”) based on entries received with the correct answer, or closest to it (over or under the actual number). Should multiple correct answers be submitted. Those entries will be combined, and a random draw will be made.
The five (5) monthly random draws will take place at TELUS World of Science – Edmonton on the following dates:
- Tuesday, June 6, 2023, for the May 5 to 31 entries
- Tuesday, July 4, 2023, for the June 1 to 30 entries
- Tuesday, August 8, 2023, for the July 1 to 31 entries
- Tuesday, September 5, 2023, for the August 1 to 31 entries
- Tuesday, October 3, 2023, for the September 1 to 30 entries
Each random draw winner will receive one (1) $25 TELUS World of Science – Edmonton Gift Card.
6. The odds of winning the/a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. TELUS World of Science - Edmonton acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that they may have won the/a Prize using the information provided at the time of entry within three (3) business days after the draw. Each potential Prize winner is solely responsible for monitoring his/her Account for such notification messages. In the event that a/the potential winner does not respond to the Contest Sponsor’s notification message as outlined in the notification within three (3) business days after the message was left/sent, they will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the/a winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by TELUS World of Science - Edmonton before being awarded the/a Prize, the potential winner, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the/a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a/all qualified winner(s) has/have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than 6 business days from draw date.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name(s) of the Prize winner(s) (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, tradenames, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by TELUS World of Science - Edmonton and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.