Please review all the policies and details before booking.
- To book, fill out the Online Request Form. You will be contacted by email to confirm your date and finalize the booking.
- Upon finalizing the booking for an in-person or virtual field trip, you will receive a confirmation letter. Please review all the details and inform us immediately if anything is incorrect.
Fees & Payment
- The amount owing is shown on your booking confirmation.
- Payment can be made by cheque, Visa, MasterCard, or direct deposit.
- Cheques made payable to: Edmonton Space & Science Foundation. Please write your booking confirmation number on your cheques.
- Visa or MasterCard payments can be phoned in to our Bookings Office at 780-451-3344. Contact our Bookings Team for direct deposit information.
- Program fees are as published and are subject to change without notice.
- No passes, coupons or discounts are accepted with school group bookings.
- TELUS World of Science - Edmonton's Membership rates are not valid on school program field trips.
- A 50% deposit is required within five (5) business days of receiving your booking confirmation.
- Final Invoice will be sent after confirmation of final numbers 1 week prior.
- Final Payment is due within seven (7) business days of confirmation of final numbers.
- Payment is due in full within five (5) days of receiving your booking confirmation.
- The number of students will be confirmed at the time of booking.
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
- A secured booking is only cancelled with the teacher’s written request by email to email@example.com.
- Bookings cancelled with 3 weeks’ notice or more will be refunded in full, less a $10.00 administration fee per program or per programming day (Edmonton Outreach).
- Bookings cancelled with less than 3 weeks’ notice will forfeit the full payment.
- If a school must cancel due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e., COVID-19 outbreak, school closure):
- Bookings can be rescheduled to a future date during the school year.
- If the booking is not rescheduled, the booking will be refunded in full, less $10.00 administration fee.
School Group Size
- A group of students and their supervisors shall be considered a school group if they are participating in a field trip organized through:
- an institution accredited by Alberta Education (or equivalent from another province or country).
- an organization licensed by Alberta Social Services for supervised childcare.
- Home schooling
- To ensure a high-quality program, we recommend that all students participating in a program be within the grade or grade-range specified for the program.
- There is a maximum of 30 students per program.
- All participants must be included in one booking, paid for as a single group, and must check in as a group on the day of the field trip. Chaperones wishing to attend separately from the group and/or pay their own admission individually will be charged full public rates.
- There is a maximum of 30 students per program.
- If your group exceeds the student limit, groups will be required to book additional programs. You can add a class to the program session for a discounted rate.
- Masks are required for all visitors aged three (3) and up while in the building. Please bring cloth or disposable medical masks with you.
- Extra cleaning protocols are in place in our building, including in the Learning Centres.
- Classes who stay for lunch will be assigned a lunch space. These spaces will be cleaned between classes.
- Physical distancing measures are in place in our theatres and across all areas of the science centre.
- We continue to stay abreast of the situation with COVID-19 and will adjust our protocols when necessary.
School Group Supervision
All school groups require adult supervision during their in-person field trip.
- Recommended Chaperones:
- Grades K-6 recommended 1 chaperone per 5 students
- Grades 7-12 recommended 1 chaperone per 10 students
- Teachers and chaperones within the recommended chaperone ratios listed above are admitted free for building admission, programs, planetarium shows, and feature exhibitions. Any teachers or chaperones over the recommended ratio will be charged the over-the-ratio admission rate. All teachers or chaperones are charged school rates for IMAX films.
- Teachers and chaperones are responsible for the behavior of their group and are required to always supervise and stay with students during their visit to TELUS World of Science - Edmonton.
- Late arrival for science programs will result in parts of the program being omitted.
- Late arrivals for IMAX and Zeidler Dome shows will not be allowed entry once the show has started.
- If a school is late, all items on the booking are still the responsibility of that school. Please call the booking office at 780-451-3344 to notify us of late arrivals.
- Late login for Virtual Programs will result in parts of the program being omitted.
- If you know that you will be late due to technical difficulties or have other extenuating circumstances, contact our Bookings Team at 780-451-3344. We will do our best to accommodate your group.
Our policies help ensure a safe, fair and affordable experience for everyone.
For more information, see Tips for a Successful School Program.
If you have any questions, call the Bookings Office at 780-451-3344 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Check in regularly or sign up for EUREKA to stay up-to-date with what we’re offering.