Our curriculum connected programs are sold out for the 2021/2022 school year.
There are still spots available for general school admission and Zeidler Dome/IMAX bookings.
To inquire call our bookings office at 780-451-3344.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL VIRTUAL PROGRAM
- Familiarize yourself with any supplies you need to prepare in advance of your program. This information can be found on the program description online and will be attached to the confirmation letter.
- Note that some programs require students to have individual devices to connect to the virtual meeting.
- Most programs only require a computer and webcam, but some require students to have devices. This information can be found on the program description online and will be attached to the confirmation letter.
- To test the connection and troubleshoot any technical issues before your program, we require you to schedule a Pre-Session Connection Test with your instructor at least one day prior to your program date.
- If a Pre-Session Connection Test is not completed prior to the program date, TELUS World of Science - Edmonton will not be responsible for re-booking a program due to connection or technical issues during the program.
- Make sure you have provided the correct contact email for whom the program is booked. We will send the virtual program link to that email address.
- Watch your email for the meeting link and communication from your instructor, which will come approximately 1 week prior to your program.
Day of Program:
- Plan to log in with your program link 10 minutes prior to the start of your Virtual Program, to allow adequate time to check the internet connection and troubleshoot any technology issues.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL IN-PERSON FIELD TRIP
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of your program to allow time to hang up coats and meet the instructor.
- Please leave backpacks at school as storage space is severely limited. We recommend only bringing what is necessary – coats and lunches. (TIP: tote bins are a great way to transport lunch bags and keep them all together)
- Divide your students into groups assigned to chaperones before you arrive. Make sure that both students and chaperones know their assigned groups.
- Chaperones must actively supervise students at all times, including in exhibit galleries, at lunch times, and in the gift shop. We request that students handle all exhibits and learning materials in a respectful manner. Any damage incurred from misuse will be the responsibility of the school.
- Our Guest Relations staff will greet you in the lobby and direct you to your program. If you have other concerns during your visit, please ask one of our friendly staff (TIP: they wear purple).
- For science programs taking place in the Learning Centers, Science Lab, S.P.A.C.E gallery or Robotics Lab, our school program instructors will meet you on the 2nd level Skywalk.
- For science programs taking place in Science Garage*, Health Zone or Feature Exhibit Gallery (all located on main floor), the school program instructor will meet you at the entrance of the gallery.
- If you book a lunch time, you will be assigned a location to eat. Visitors may be unmasked in the lunch area, when seated. Groups are asked to limit their lunch time to 20 -25 minutes to allow for cleaning between groups.
Teachers must register at the Box Office upon arrival to confirm:
- Number of students.
- Increased student numbers will be adjusted up (subject to capacity).
- Final payment (if applicable).
- Lunch time and assigned location. If you purchased lunch from the Purple Pear, please confirm your order.
- Locations to meet instructors for programs.
*For programs taking place in the Science Garage, our school program instructors will be equipped with microphones and sound system. The Science Garage is a hands-on gallery and noise levels can be higher than in other areas of the building. If you have students with sensitivity to noisy environments, please speak with bookings staff prior to booking programming in the Science Garage.