TELUS World of Science - Edmonton is a popular field trip destination for hundreds of schools each year.
Please review all the policies and details before booking.
Confirmation of Your Booking
- Teachers will be sent a confirmation upon booking. Please review your confirmation to ensure all the details are correct. It is the teacher’s responsibility to contact us immediately if there is a concern.
- If you no longer want your field trip date, please email our booking department. (see Cancellation Policy Below)
- A booking is not considered confirmed until the 50% deposit is paid
- Expected attendance numbers are required 5 business days in advance of your field trip to confirm spaces held for your school.
- If you arrive with more students, numbers may be adjusted up (subject to capacity).
- Teachers are required to check-in at the Box Office.
- Balance can be paid in the form of school/division cheque, credit card, or be invoiced to the school.
- To hold your field trip spots, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required within 5 business days of making your booking. Please contact our booking agents to make your deposit either at the time of booking or within the 5 business days.
- If your deposit is not received within the 5 business days, your booking may be cancelled.
- Payment can be made by credit card, direct deposit, or school cheque, payable to: Edmonton Space & Science Foundation.For Direct Deposits and Cheques, please contact our bookings department with an ETA for payment.
- A field trip is only canceled with the teacher’s confirmation. If you no longer want your field trip date, please email our booking department.
- TELUS World of Science - Edmonton is a popular field trip destination and the school programs are often at capacity. The deposit ensures fairness for schools and allows us to keep your costs down.
- Cancellations for confirmed bookings will only be processed upon written email request.
- If a program is cancelled with MORE than 3 weeks (15 business days) notice and rescheduled within the same school year, the 50% deposit will be transferred to the new booking.
- If a booking is cancelled or rescheduled with LESS than 3 weeks (15 business days) notice, the 50% deposit is forfeited and a new deposit will be required for a new booking.
- If LESS than 48 hours’ notice is given for cancellation, including day of no shows, the full program cost will be charged.
- If a school has to cancel for inclement weather conditions:
a) and the booking is rescheduled during the same school year then the deposit will be transferred to the new booking.
b) and the booking is not rescheduled then the deposit is forfeited.
School Group Admission Policy
- A group of students and their supervisors shall be considered a school group if they are participating in a field trip organized through: (1) An institution accredited by Alberta Education (or equivalent from another province or country); (2) An organization licensed by Alberta Social Services for supervised child care, (3) Home schooling.
- All participants must be included on one booking, paid for as a single group, and must check in as a group on the day of the field trip. Chaperones wishing to attend separately from the group and/or to pay their own admission individually will be charged full public rates.
School Group Supervision Policy:
All school groups require adult supervision during their field trip.
- Grades K-6 recommended 1 chaperone per 5 students
- Grades 7-12 recommended 1 chaperone per 10 students
Teachers and chaperones are admitted free for building admission, programs and planetarium shows and feature exhibition, within the recommended chaperone ratios listed above. Any teachers or chaperones over the recommended ratio will be charged the over-the-ratio admission rate. All teachers or chaperones are charged school rates for IMAX films.
Teachers and chaperones are responsible for the behaviour of their group and are required to supervise and stay with students at all times during their visit to TELUS World of Science - Edmonton.
School Group Admission Fees
- School group admission fees are as published and are subject to change without notice.
- No passes, coupons or discounts are accepted with school group bookings.
- TELUS World of Science - Edmonton's Membership rates are not valid on school program field trips.
Day of Field Trip
- Please arrive at least 15-minutes prior to the scheduled start of your program.
- Teachers must register at the Box Office to provide updated numbers and payment.
- Our Guest Relations staff will greet you in the lobby and direct you to your program.
- Please leave backpacks at school as storage space is severely limited.
- We provide a first-come first-served common lunch area. Please be courteous of others and eat as a group. Groups are asked to limit their lunch time to 30 minutes.
- Late arrival for science programs will result in parts of the program being omitted.
- Late arrivals for IMAX and Zeidler Dome shows will not be allowed entry once the show has started.
- If a school is late, all items on the booking are still the responsibility of that school.
Our policies help ensure a safe, fair and affordable experience for everyone.
Visit our Booking Information page and fill out the online request form.