Recommended for: Grades 1 - 3
You're probably thinking, what do nature and coding have in common? More than you'd think! Students will explore how patterns, loops, and other coding concepts manifest in the natural world. Then, students apply those concepts to understand the changing seasons, the four elements, and life cycles.
Fill in the form at the bottom of this page to register your class or school for this program
Best Curriculum Fit
- [ELA] How can the organization of ideas and information support the sharing of messages? In what ways can listening and speaking be applied to develop oral communication? What messages are conveyed through ideas and information within texts?
- [Science – Computer Science] How can instructions affect outcomes?
- [Science – Energy] How can movement of objects and animals be understood?
- [Science – Earth Systems] In what ways can environments change?
- [Science – Living Systems] How do plants and animals survive?
- [Math – Patterns] What can patterns communicate?
- [Visual Arts] How can ideas be expressed in and through visual arts?
- [ELA] How can the organization of ideas and information support the expression and understanding of messages? How can listening and speaking be developed to improve oral communication? How does comprehension facilitate the meaning of a text?
- [Science – Computer Science] How can creativity support design?
- [Science – Earth Systems] How can Earth’s components and relationship to the Sun be understood?
- [Science – Living Systems] How do plants and animals grow?
- [Math – Patterns; Time] How can patterns characterize change? How can time characterize change?
- [Visual Arts] How can messages be represented visually?
- [ELA] How can text organization enhance meaning? In what ways can listening and speaking be enhanced to improve oral communication? How can the development of skills and strategies support comprehension of text?
- [Science – Computer Science] How does creativity contribute to computational thinking?
Digital Skills Week Request Form: