SIM SCIENCE WEEK: The Science of Winter
TO BOOK: Call the Bookings Office at 780-451-3344 during regular Business Hours.
Enjoy an exciting week of science celebration with your school!
Your students will be engaged with live science demos and tasked with fun science challenges to complete as a class. By the end of the week your students will be inspired to continue their own science discoveries.
The theme: The Science of Winter
Have you ever wondered why one thing melts quicker than another? Have you ever wanted to create a snow volcano?
By going down to the sub-zero temperatures, students will explore snow and ice, melting and freezing, and learn all about cold substances, such as dry ice and liquid nitrogen.
Cost: $300 +GST
4-Day Package: 30-minute live session each day + daily science challenge activities.
Best Curriculum Fits:
- Asking questions that lead to exploration and investigation
- Investigating the nature of things
- Making predictions and hypothesis
- Recognize and describe steps in an investigation
- Recognizing a control and variables – plan and carry out a fair test
- Recording or drawing observations and measurements
- Analyzing observations
- Formulating conclusions and new questions
- Curiosity & Confidence in science
- Appreciation of the value of experience and careful observation
- Perseverance in the search for understandings and for solutions to problems
Theme Specific Connections
- Connections to our natural winter environments
- Respect for our natural world
- Heat and temperature
- Cold and Warm
- Physical properties of water (frozen, liquid, vapor)
- Seasonal Changes
- Exploring Liquids
- Weather in Winter