SIM SCIENCE WEEK
TO BOOK SIM Science Week call the Bookings Office at 780-451-3344 during regular Business Hours.
Ignite curiosity and inspire a passion for science with this exciting week of science celebration!
Each day, for one week, students will engage in 30-minute virtual demos, facilitated by TELUS World of Science - Edmonton's SIM team. Students will be tasked with completing interactive experiments and challenges.
Make it a school wide event by inviting as many classes as you like! Share your class/schools challenge results with us by submitting your pictures and/or video. Your class/school could win one of our fun Science Awards!
Theme: The Science of Nature
(April 19 - June 25, 2021)
- Student will journey through the sights, sounds and happenings of Nature!
- Discover the traditional seasonal themes of an Indigenous medicine wheel and participate in daily demos and lessons that highlight a variety of topics, such as spring growth, seeds and planting.
- Explore animal adaptations, minerals, rocks & soil.
- Learn about moon phases and the night sky, the water cycle, as well as human impacts, and nature stewardship.
- Students will be tasked with getting outside to observe and connect with nature and all its beauty.
- Plus, Helen Panter from Parks Canada, will join us to share her expertise.
- Finally, students will be introduced to our new Travelling Nature Exchange.
5-Day Package: 30-minute live session each day + daily science challenge activities.