Science Sleepovers will begin again in the Fall of 2022
It's a sleepover like you have never experienced before! Sleep on the moon in the S.P.A.C.E. gallery or near some engineering wonders in the Science Garage galleries during your Science Sleepover at TELUS World of Science – Edmonton.
Participate in hands-on interactive programming, watch an explosive science demonstration on the Science Stage, tour the galleries, enjoy a late-night planetarium show in the Zeidler Dome and an IMAX film before your departure in the morning.
Available for school groups, organized church groups, Sparks, Brownies, Guides, Pathfinders, Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Junior Forest Wardens!
Science Sleepovers run on select Friday and Saturday nights beginning again in Fall of 2022.
- Grades 3-12 and Community Groups such as Guides, Scouts, etc.
- Science Sleepovers are not gender-specific.
- One adult chaperone for every seven (7) students is required.
- Participants must supply their own sleeping bag, twin-sized foam underlay, pillow and personal hygiene materials. No cots, please.
- Cost per participant and chaperone - $85.00 + GST.
- Price includes all activities and materials, a late-night snack, breakfast, and admission to TELUS World of Science – Edmonton.
Science Sleepover Dinner Menu
Groups may purchase dinner at the Purple Pear Café for an additional fee of $15.00 per participant. Dinner will include a main entrée with salad, fruit, milk, juice or water, coffee or tea, and a variety of desserts. Group can choose ONE of the following choices for Main Entrée:
- Hot Dog and French Fries
- Chicken Nuggets and Tater Tots
- Personal Cheese Pizza
Science Sleepover Timeline:
If your group has purchased the Science Sleepover Dinner Package:
Please arrive at 5:30 PM to store gear and head to Purple Pear Restaurant for your meal. After dinner, at about 6:30 p.m. follow the same timeline below.
If the group has not purchased the Science Sleepover Dinner Package:
6:30–6:45 p.m. - Arrive at TELUS World of Science – Edmonton. Greeted by your Science Educator. Store gear
7:00 p.m. - Overview on Safety protocols and facility tour with Science Educator
7:15 p.m. - 45-minute hands-on Engineering themed program with Science Educator
8:00 p.m. - 30–45-minute Space themed demonstration on the Science Stage with Science Educator
8:30 p.m. - 30–45-minute unguided gallery exploration. Chaperones to supervise groups
9:30–9:45 p.m. - Set up a sleeping area in a gallery or get ready for bed or a late-night snack in Purple Pear Cafe
10:00 p.m. - 30–45-minute Planetarium show in the Zeidler Dome
10:30–10:45 p.m. - Lights out
7:30 a.m. - Wake up. Get ready. Pack gear
8:00 a.m. - Breakfast in Purple Pear
9:00 a.m. - IMAX film
Request More Sleepover Information
- 1. Who can participate in sleepovers?
- 2. Do participants need to have their Covid-19 vaccine?
- 3. Do we need to wear masks?
- 4. How many participants can be at a sleepover?
- 5. How many chaperones do we need?
- 6. Will we be the only ones at the sleepover?
- 7. Can we eat at the science centre?
- 8. What about allergies or special diets?
- 9. Can I bring my phone or tablet to the Science Sleepover?
- 10. What is the booking policy?
- 11. What is the cancellation policy?