Explosions, Ice Cream & Flashlight Dance Parties!
When the science centre closes... the ultimate sleepover experience begins!
Sleepover Programs at the science centre are unlike any other field trip in the city. We'll help you and your students create lasting memories, as we show you to the best slumber party ever!
Treat your class to an evening of incredible activities. Choose from one of our Sleepover packages:
- Astronomy Sleepover: Embark on an out-of-this world journey through the solar system! Students will enjoy a live, interactive planetarium show and a space-science demonstration. Astronomy Sleepovers can be tailored to Alberta's Grade 6 or Grade 9 space-science curriculum. Please notify us at time of booking if you'd like us to craft your program to cover specific content.
- Engineering Sleepover: Students will compete in competitive rollercoaster builds! Compete with your classmates to see who can build the most thrilling rollercoaster! Loops, upside down twists & an entire science centre to build in! Plus: hands-on physics activities! Students will learn about circuitry and create their own electronic circuits.
Your class will also enjoy:
- Travelling to far-away lands, discovering exotic wildlife or exploring the far reaches of the galaxy when you watch an IMAX film on Alberta's largest screen!
- Discovering each of the exhibit galleries like never before.
- Exploring the BODY WORLDS: ANIMAL INSIDE OUT (when available).
- Participating in explosive science demonstrations and exciting hands-on science activities.
Plan Your Sleepover:
Dates: Weeknight bookings are available for school groups.
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. the following day. Flexible timing may be available upon request.
Cost: $79.00 (+GST) per person. Evening pizza-snack and a morning breakfast are included in the cost. Additional food may be ordered. Please inquire at time of booking.
Minimum attendance: 20
Maximum attendance: 90. Please note: large groups may be divided into smaller groups to better facilitate programming.
Bookings must be made at least two weeks in advance.
Additional School Programs may be booked outside of the Sleepover Program (beginning before or after the scheduled Sleepover Program time).
Book Today! Call 780-451-3344, Monday to Friday from
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sleepover Program Requirements
- Participants must supply their own sleeping bag, twin-sized air mattress or foam underlay, pillow and personal hygiene materials. No cots please.
- 1 adult chaperone required for every 5 children. Chaperones are responsible for their group during the entire visit. They must supervise and stay with students at all times.
- Evening pizza break and a morning breakfast are included in cost. Additional food may be ordered. Please inquire when booking.
- Sleepovers are a popular end-of-year field trip, so book early to avoid disappointment. Schedules and program elements are subject to change without notice. Minimum registration may apply.
- Payment accepted by cash, Interac, VISA, MasterCard or money order payable to: Edmonton Space & Science Foundation.
- A deposit of $500 is required within 30 days of making a booking and final payment of the amount owing is due 2 weeks prior to sleepover date.
- $500 deposit will not be refunded in the event of cancellation.