When the science centre closes... the ultimate sleepover experience begins!
It's the best slumber party ever! In this special Sleepover package we will take you on an experience that you and your group will never forget.
Available for school groups, organized church groups, Sparks, Brownies, Guides, Pathfinders, Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Junior Forest Wardens!
Treat your group to an evening of incredible activities. Choose from one of our Sleepover packages:
- Astronomy Sleepover: Embark on an out-of-this world journey through the solar system! Your group will enjoy a live, interactive planetarium show and a space-science demonstration. Astronomy Sleepovers are tailored to Alberta's Grade 6 or Grade 9 space-science curriculum. Astronomy Sleepovers for Sparks, Brownies, Guides, Pathfinders, Beavers, Cubs, and Scouts are curated to meet various badge requirements.
- Engineering Sleepover: Tap into your group’s inner engineer as they construct their way out of different challenges -- including a twisting roller coaster or a vessel to protect a luminescent “egg”. Using a variety of materials and creative solutions, your group will test their creations to see if they are up to the task.
Your group will also enjoy:
- Travelling to far-away lands, discovering exotic wildlife or exploring the far reaches of the galaxy when you watch an IMAX film on Alberta's largest screen!
- Discovering each of the exhibit galleries like never before.
- Participating in explosive science demonstrations and exciting hands-on science activities.
- Sleeping in exciting surroundings in one of our themed permanent galleries, such as: The Science Garage, The Syncrude Environment Gallery or the S.P.A.C.E Gallery.
Plan Your Sleepover:
Dates: Friday or Saturday evenings available. Weeknight bookings available for school groups.
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. the following day. Flexible timing may be available upon request.
Cost: $79.00 (+GST) per person. Evening pizza-snack and morning breakfast are included in the cost. Additional food may be ordered. Please inquire at time of booking.
Minimum attendance: 20
Maximum attendance: 90. Please note: large groups may be divided into smaller groups to better facilitate programming.
Bookings must be made at least two weeks in advance.
Additional School Programs may be booked outside of the Sleepover Program (beginning before or after the scheduled Sleepover Program time).
Book Today! Call 780-451-3344, Monday to Friday from
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sleepover Program Requirements
- Participants must supply their own sleeping bag, twin-sized air mattress or foam underlay, pillow and personal hygiene materials. No cots please.
- 1 adult chaperone required for every 5 children. Chaperones are responsible for their group during the entire visit. They must supervise and stay with students at all times.
- Evening pizza break and a morning breakfast are included in cost. Additional food may be ordered. Please inquire when booking.
- Sleepovers are a popular end-of-year field trip, so book early to avoid disappointment. Schedules and program elements are subject to change without notice. Minimum registration may apply.
- Payment accepted by cash, Interac, VISA, MasterCard or money order payable to: Edmonton Space & Science Foundation.
- A deposit of $500 is required within 30 days of making a booking and final payment of the amount owing is due 2 weeks prior to sleepover date.
- $500 deposit will not be refunded in the event of cancellation.