At TELUS World of Science – Edmonton, we strive to ignite curiosity, inspire discovery, celebrate science and change lives!
When you support TELUS World of Science’s LUMEN Fundraising event, you help send thousands of children from under-served schools on class field trips to our science centre.
LUMEN 2018: Where Science Meets Cocktails raised $77,000, which equated to:
- 13 free Field Trips for under-served schools valued at $1,000 per trip
- Bussing for under-served schools and;
- Discounted admissions for hundreds of marginalized Edmontonians
This year, with your generous support, we hope to surpass last year’s success with a goal of raising $100,000; with your help we can achieve this goal!
By raising $100,000 in support of science education in our community, some of the things we could do:
- Fund 15 School Field Trips for under-served schools
- Fund Bussing for up to 10 classes to visit TELUS World of Science
- Send 10 children to Science Camps, and;
- Subsidize Science In Motion (SIM) programs for up to 10 rural schools
You could fund the experience that inspires a new engineer, doctor, botanist, astronaut or more when you purchase tickets to LUMEN 2019: Where Science Meets Cocktails.