Face coverings (masks) are mandatory for guests ages 3 and older
You are not to enter the TELUS World of Science – Edmonton if:
- You are ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID -19. These include fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, and/or others listed on Alberta Health Services website.
- You've been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of COVID-19.
- You or someone in your household has traveled internationally (or participated in a large gathering) in the past 14 days.
- Download and utilize the ABTraceTogether app.
You will be asked to follow all Alberta Health Services Guidelines in the parking lot, park area and in the Science Centre:
- Physical distancing will be in place as you enter, during check-in, as you see the exhibition, watch an IMAX film, shop in the Gift Shop and exit the facility.
- Physical distancing will be supported with signage, route markers, and spacing ‘stars’ physical distance 2 metres (6 feet) apart as you enter, go through the exhibition and exit the facility to keep households safely apart from each other.
- This includes washing your hands often for at least 20 seconds, avoiding touching your face, and coughing or sneezing into your elbow.
- Always keep your family unit together when walking through the exhibition and keep children within reach.
- Please be patient – don’t crowd around exhibits. Practise physical distancing guidelines keep 2 metres away from others and please wait your turn.
- Explore the exhibition by following a marked one-way route
- Strongly encouraging guests to use their own strollers and wheelchairs. Stroller and wheelchairs will not be available onsite, please bring your own.
- Certain washrooms will be open, with increased cleaning protocols in place.
- Science Centre staff will be regularly spraying and sanitizing high-touch areas. Increasing cleaning and disinfecting throughout our accessible areas from, doors, doorknobs, stanchions, seating areas, vending machines.
- Extra hand sanitizer stations will be in place as you enter and exit the facility.
- Capacity to the exhibition, in the IMAX Theatre and the Gift Shop have been reduced to allow for proper physical distancing.
- Limiting visitor numbers in the exhibition (maximum occupancy of 50 guests per hour)
- 15 guests will be admitted every 15 minutes
- In the IMAX Theatre capacity limited to 43 people
- In the Gift Shop capacity limited to 6 people. The Gift Shop will be available for purchase as you exit the exhibition, social distancing and numbers will be in place. 10:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. – credit and debt cards recommended.
- The one-way ‘see’ and ‘read’ experience will take approximately 30 to 45-minute
- Online timed tickets are required before you visit. Limited number of tickets will be sold onsite, if available.
- This feature exhibition is recommended for ages 6 and over. Age recommendation is due to the nature of the tour as a hand’s free (no touching) type of experience.
- Access to the facility and during the tour will be on-way. Due to our time ticketing system, guests will be required to leave the science centre after visitation to eliminate congestion on the property or in the parking lot. Once you exit the science centre, you can not re-enter the same day without a new timed ticket.
- No outside food or beverage will be allowed – including personal drinking bottles – please leave these items at home or in your vehicles. The Purple Pear restaurant will not be open. We will have a couple of vending machines on site.
- Please do not bring additional items that you do not require during your time in our facility, as the lockers will not be accessible.
The following areas and services will not be available until further notice as we support a safe experience for all:
- water fountains
- Science centre exhibit galleries
- The Nature Exchange Trading Desk
- Live Science Experiments
- Purple Pear Restaurant and Concession
- Zeidler Dome
Our goal is to make your visit to TELUS World of Science – Edmonton enjoyable, comfortable and safe. The safety of our guests and staff is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the situation and will determine if additional precautions are needed.
We ask that everyone continue to follow alberta.ca/covid19 for the latest information on this situation.