Face coverings (masks) are mandatory for guests ages 3 and older. Face Masks must be worn properly, covering both the chin and the nose at all times Masks with Exhalation Valves or Vents will not be accepted.
You are not to enter the TELUS World of Science – Edmonton if:
- You are ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID -19. These include fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, and/or others listed on Alberta Health Services website.
- You've been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of COVID-19.
You will be asked to follow the safety guidelines in the Science Centre:
- Physical distancing will be in place as you enter, during check-in, as you see the exhibition, see a Zeidler Dome presentation, watch an IMAX film, shop in the Gift Shop and exit the facility.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds, avoiding touching your face, and coughing or sneezing into your elbow.
- Always keep your family unit together when walking through the exhibition and keep children within reach.
- Please be patient – don’t crowd around exhibits. Practice physical distancing guidelines keep 2 metres away from others and please wait your turn.
- Certain washrooms will be open, with increased cleaning protocols in place.
- Science Centre staff will be regularly spraying and sanitizing high-touch areas. Increasing cleaning and disinfecting throughout our accessible areas from, doors, doorknobs, stanchions, seating areas, vending machines.
- Extra hand sanitizer stations will be in place as you enter and exit the facility.
- Capacity to the exhibition, in the IMAX Theatre, in the Zeidler Dome and the Gift Shop have been reduced to allow for proper physical distancing.
- Online timed tickets are required for your visit. A limited number of tickets will be sold onsite, if available.
Food & Beverages
- No outside food or beverage will be allowed. The Purple Pear will be open for concession items only. Food purchased can only be consumed while seated either in the IMAX Theatre or the Purple Pear area.
- There is no food or beverage consumption in the Zeidler Dome or the Galleries.
The following areas will open on July 28, as we support a safe experience for all:
- Science Centre exhibit galleries (including CuriousCITY)
- The Nature Exchange Trading Desk
- Live Science Experiments
- Purple Pear Restaurant - note the Concession will be open
- RASC Observatory will remain closed at this time.
Our goal is to make your visit to TELUS World of Science – Edmonton enjoyable, comfortable and safe.
The safety of our guests and staff is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the situation.