Beyond Rubiks Cube
Beyond Rubiks Cube
Beyond Rubik's Cube is no longer showing at TWOSE.
Beyond Rubik’s Cube has ended its run at TWOSE. Thank you to everyone who visited!
“A good puzzle, it's a fair thing. Nobody is lying. It's very clear, and the problem depends just on you.” - Ernő Rubik.
An Interactive Exhibition
Through highly interactive physical and digital challenges, visitors will explore how the Rubik’s Cube emerged from a workshop in Communist-era Hungary to become a worldwide phenomenon, fostering creativity across the fields of science, technology, engineering, robotics, the visual arts, music, film, architecture, and mathematics.
The $5 million exhibition was designed by Liberty Science Center with lead creative partner Google, and the Cube’s Budapest inventor, Ernő Rubik.
Three Discovery Zones
The Invent Zone invites guests to jump right into the complex and compelling world of puzzle toys.
- Rare artifacts made of wood blocks, paper clips, and rubber bands show guests the humble and brilliant Hungarian origin of Ernő Rubik’s great invention.
- At Cube Prototype, guests can explore the complex geometry behind Rubik’s Cube by arranging 3D shapes and inventing their own puzzles.
- Art and mathematics meet at Tessellation Maker, an interactive touch table where guests create visually stunning patterns.
The Play Zone is for more hands-on exploration.
- A Solve Bar welcomes cubers of all skill levels and provides animated instructions for conquering the Cube.
- At Robot Command, guests discover the parallels between computer programming and Cube solving as they program a robot to run a maze.
- Young visitors and their grownups work together on Cube Match, a game of colored building blocks with endless combinations.
The Inspire Zone shows the Cube’s vast artistic and technological influence.
- Visitors can see how the Cube inspires them artistically by composing their own haiku using the Haikube; engineering a musical masterpiece in Cube Symphony; and contributing to the giant Collaborative Mosaic made entirely of Rubik’s Cubes.
- Guests control a giant Rubik’s Cube the size of a car to discover the internal mechanism that makes it work.
- A one-of-a-kind, 18-karat gold, jewel-encrusted, fully functional Rubik’s Cube is the world’s most expensive toy, estimated to be worth $2.5 million.
- At Robot Race, guests will challenge a speedcubing robot to solve their scrambled Cubes.
- Twisty Puzzle Design brings people together at a multi-touch digital table to design and test their own puzzles with other guests.
In connection with Beyond Rubik’s Cube there will exciting programming for all ages inside the exhibition as well as great special events. Activities include Science Buds for our youngest Scientists, Math Mondays, Throwback Thursdays, Fold It Fridays, and The Saturday Morning Puzzle Club.
Visitors to Beyond Rubik’s Cube will be encouraged to share their own Rubik’s-inspired creations on google.com/+BeyondRubiksCube.
Beyond Rubik’s Cube was created by Liberty Science Center with Lead Creative Partner Google and the Cube’s Hungarian inventor, Ernő Rubik, with generous support from Google, Government of Hungary, Bank of America, Rubiks Brand Ltd, and Ernst & Young LLP. All Rubik’s trademarks are exclusively licensed by Rubiks Brand Ltd – www.rubiksbrand.com
Presented locally by:
Gold Sponsor of Beyond Rubik's Cube: