The Science Garage
The Science Garage
The gallery is open daily and included with Science Centre admission!
The Science Garage invites you to get your hands and minds busy with science. Create, compete, tinker, test, and build their way through a wide variety of activities and displays, including:
- The Freedom Climber Wall - a climbing wall which teaches angular momentum as you try to traverse the wall as it rotates from your weight distribution.
- Vertical Wind Tunnels - create items that will float and see how these creations handle the forces and velocity of the air.
- Kinetic Dance Floor – the interactive dance floor gathers energy from the dancers to provide charging for cell phones.
- Augmented Reality Sand Box – this enhanced version of a classic sand box teaches earth science and water flow as it adjusts in real time to changes made to the sand.
- Frozen Shadow Wall – the wall absorbs light energy and then slowly releases it allowing shadows to form as guests block the light.
- Magnetic ball wall – teaches potential and kinetic energy, friction, inertia and gravity as you build paths for marbles using an assortment of ramps, tubes and other items.
The inspiration and centrepiece of the new gallery is the famed ball machine - the Electric Ball Circus audiokinetic sculpture. After years outside of TELUS World of Science, the ball machine has been moved inside where it is fully operational and captivates visitors with all of its intricate pieces and dazzling movements.
The Workshop (Maker Space)
The Science Garage also features a Maker’s Space, called The Workshop, stocked with a variety of random materials and led by our science team who present challenges and tasks for all ages. Put your imagination to the ultimate test as you use the supplied materials to complete a specific challenge or build something entirely new.
Each day there will be great activities and challenges inside the Maker's Space for guests to build, tinker, test and explore. Challenges may include circuits, flight and engineering and much more.
Saturday, July 16, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
|PUBLIC Rates||Science Centre |
|Youth (13-17), Student with ID||$16.95||$11.95||$23.95|
|Family (2 adults & 4 children/youth)||$79.95||$54.95||$125.95|
|MEMBER Rates||Science Centre |
|Youth (13-17), Student with ID||Free||$5.98|
All public and member tickets are +GST.
*Science Centre admission includes access to the feature exhibtion Beyond Rubik's Cube.
** Combo passes must be used in the same day.
***Some prices for IMAX films may vary based on the film.