Many things have changed over the past few months, but one thing remains the same: Our Science in Motion (SIM) team is ready to visit your school! Your school will enjoy the same high quality science programming, just in a slightly different format, in order to meet ongoing COVID-19 public health and safety regulations.
Science in Motion offers theme based assemblies* that are created for a wide range of grade levels and intended to ignite curiosity, inspire discovery, and celebrate science!
- The SIM team wear appropriate PPE and maintain physical distance from students and staff.
- Please follow current gathering guidelines when planning for how many students will be present for each Assembly. Due to Alberta Public Health and Safety Guidelines, the maximum number of students in an assembly presentation should not exceed one cohort of students. If the school is not using a cohort system, the maximum number of students should not exceed 50 per assembly and students should be physically distanced from each other and from the presenter.
- The SIM team will conduct health screenings prior to arriving at your school and will participate in necessary health screenings upon arrival.
- Please notify TELUS World of Science - Edmonton in advance if your school has any further restrictions or guidelines in place that are required at your school.
- Please also notify our Bookings Office if our visit needs to be canceled due to an outbreak or school closure. We will reschedule with no penalty.
*All assemblies require 2 tables, a garbage can, 2 or more electrical outlets, and access to water. Assemblies must be booked in a large space, such as a gymnasium. Classrooms and typical libraries are not suitable for assemblies. Assemblies are 45 minutes in length.