We're bringing the Nature Exchange gallery to your school! Students will become engaged in a nature hunt in their own backyard and school yard in this hybrid virtual and in-person program. Join us on curriculum-based nature walks and inquiry-based learning. The visit ends with a trading centre where students can trade natural items and new-found knowledge for items from our collection. Choose between 4 or 8 classes to participate.
With a Traveling Nature Exchange booking, teachers can expect:
- One 45 min virtual program before your in-person visit
- Pre-program activities
- In person curriculum-based nature walk with your instructor.
- Trading centre set up at your school for students and community members
- Please note this program involves outdoor activities. Students and teachers should dress accordingly.
- 3-Day Package: 2 days of programming, 1 day of Trading, 8 classes
- Cost: $600 +GST
- 2-Day Package: 1 day of programming, 1 day of Trading, 4 classes
- Cost: $400 +GST
Best Curriculum Fit:
- What do I see, smell and hear in the community
- Topic B: Seasonal Changes
- Topic E: Needs of Plants and Animals
- Topic E: Small Crawling and Flying Animals
- Topic A: Rocks and Minerals, Topic E: Animal Life Cycles
- Topic E: Plant Growth and Changes
- Topic D: Weather Watch
- Topic E: Trees and Forests