Opening February 16, 2022 at 12 noon
Your health story starts with your genes, but they are not the whole story of you… Health Zone takes you through some of the different factors that influence your health. The gallery is divided into five zones with hands-on exhibits that let you explore:
- Biology – find out how genes and microbes influence your health.
See how immune cells react when germs get inside your body. Find out about some of the healthy microbes that call your body home.
- Choices – the small choices you make every day add up in a big way over time.
Try some different techniques to cope with stress. Test your flexibility, balance, and leg power as you find out how physical activity supports your health.
- Environment – where you live, work, and play influences your health.
Find out about ways that infections spread. Try to control an epidemic. Learn more about COVID-19 globally and how researchers and healthcare workers in Edmonton are involved in stopping the spread.
- Healthcare – healthcare supports you when you need it.
See your skin in a different way under a microscope. Look at what diagnostic imaging tools reveal. Use the vein finder to see the vein pattern in your hands.
- L.A.B. (Learning About Biology) – put on a lab coat and try some lab techniques.
You can extract your DNA from your cheek cells, try to identify a mystery bacteria using special tests, or check out one of the other hands-on programs.
February 17 to 21 Special Hours:
- Member Exclusive Access - 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m..
- Public Access – 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.