S.P.A.C.E. (Stars, Planets, Astronauts, Comets, Etc.) Gallery -
Let your students boldly go where no one has gone before and blast-off on an action packed adventure through the universe as you:
- Unravel the mysteries of our solar system and beyond
- Command a lunar lander and travel to the surface of the moon
- See the Aurora Borealis and more!
Get ready for a journey of discovery when you step into the Destination: Moon 3D theatre and are swept away into the past as you relive the story of how a piece of the moon made its way to earth and the science centre.
Best Curriculum Fit
- Topic C: Building Things
1-7: Construct objects and models of objects using a variety of different materials.
1-8: Identify the purpose of different components in a personally constructed object or model, and identify corresponding components in a related object or model.
- Topic B: Seasonal Changes (planet models, magic planet)
- Construct, with guidance, an object that achieves a given purpose, using materials that are provided.
- Topic C: Building Devices and Vehicles that Move
Design and construct devices and vehicles that employ energy-storing or energy-consuming components that will cause motion.
- Topic D: Light and Shadows
4-9: Identify sources of light, describe the interaction of light with different materials, and infer the pathway of a light beam.
- Topic A: Air and Aerodynamics
Expectation 6-5: Describe properties of air and then interactions of air with objects in flight.
- Topic B: Flight
Expectation 6-6: Construct devices that move through air
- Unit D: Mechanical Systems
- Unit C: Light and Optical Systems (Observatory Connection)