TELUS World of Science - Edmonton's mission is to: Ignite curiosity. Inspire discovery. Celebrate science. Change lives. Located in Treaty Six Territory, we are the destination to engage Albertans' hearts and minds in science.
We are a group of energetic and creative individuals who work together to bring Northern Alberta’s science centre to life and to engage our community in science. Whether paid or volunteer, part-time or full-time, educators or board members, we share a commitment to creating and delivering high quality science inspiration to audiences across Northern Alberta and beyond.
Why Team Purple?
Purple is our most distinguishing mark (Pantone 254C if you want to be precise). If you look closely, you might just detect a slight purple tinge to our hearts. We are looking for people who share our values:
- Leadership - We lead the science conversation in Northern Alberta by investing in team member growth, evaluating our work, and highlighting innovations in science. Every member of Team Purple is empowered to take the lead and use creative solutions to improve experiences for team members and guests.
- Community - We are at the heart of our community, and we lead with our community in our hearts. We deliver fun, relevant, and engaging science experiences that meet the needs of our community. As a hub for science education across our province, we create connections and cultivate welcoming spaces where the voices of all community members are heard, and individuals see themselves represented in Team Purple and our programs. As a community leader, we share our passion and use our resources to invest in the future of our region and uplift our partners.
- Collaboration - Team Purple believes in the power of working together and leveraging our diverse talents to amplify impact. As a team, we value and respect the contributions of our colleagues. We support and encourage partnerships across organizations and sectors to further our mission.
- Transparency - We are authentic in the way we communicate with each other and stakeholders. We share information, share mistakes, and share victories to create learning moments that grow our organization and build trust. This culture of trust creates safe spaces where team members can be vulnerable and honest, furthering equal and open discussions.
- Diversity - Our guests are diverse and so are we. We are committed to making our programs, services, and facilities accessible and meaningful for every member of our community. We build inclusive spaces and a culture of respect because our different perspectives, identities, abilities, and expressions are our strengths.
- Fun - The secret ingredient that makes our science centre special is the emotional response we elicit from our guests. Happiness, excitement, passion – we cultivate this by having FUN! We believe that fun is fundamental to making science learning positive, vibrant, and relatable. Members of Team Purple are leaders and we take pride in our work, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We create the TWOSE Experience by finding moments of joy and making time for fun. Fun is the catalyst that ignites curiosity, inspires discovery, and changes lives.