Science Communication Fellowship
Now Accepting Applications!
Are you a female scientist or STEM professional looking to share your research with the public? Become a TELUS World of Science - Edmonton Science Communication Fellow.
Who can participate?
TELUS World of Science - Edmonton Science Communication Fellows are industry or academic researchers or science professionals, including faculty, graduate students, technicians, or other individuals in science, health, engineering or technology related positions.
- Communication training and opportunities to engage with TELUS World of Science - Edmonton visitors.
- Development of hands-on, educational activities that can be used in educational settings outside of TELUS World of Science - Edmonton.
- Official TELUS World of Science - Edmonton Science Communication Fellowship certificate.
- Networking opportunities with local, like-minded scientists committed to public outreach.
- Build skills that will enhance future professional presentations.
For the Winter 2019 Cohort, the sessions will be held at the science centre on Saturdays from 1pm – 4pm on October 19, October 26, November 30, and 1-5pm on November 16 and December 7.
Deadline to apply is October 18, 2019.
The Winter 2019 Research Zone program has been made possible through the support of the Government of Alberta’s Status of Women Community Grant.
Participant Commitments & Workshop Schedule
We want to make sure that this program is a good fit for you and your schedule. Please review the commitments and check the box below to indicate that you are available for ALL of the program requirements.
Participate in the Science Communication Short Course by attending 4 workshops at TELUS World of Science - Edmonton:
- Workshop 1: Saturday, October 19, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Workshop 2: Saturday, October 26, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Workshop 3: Saturday, November 16, 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Workshop 4: Saturday, November 30, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Work individually to develop a hands-on activity related to your current work. The activity will be run with the public in the fifth and final session:
- Activity Showcase: Saturday, December 7, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Participate in a minimum of three, Research Zone public programs at TELUS World of Science - Edmonton over the next year. These are Saturday afternoon programs featuring Communication Fellows with their hands-on activities interacting with guests.
The Short Course runs approximately two times per year. If the program isn’t a good fit this time, but you would like to be placed on an interest list to hear about future opportunities, please email Marie McConnell at email@example.com