The Edmonton Space & Science Foundation, which operates TELUS World of Science – Edmonton, is committed to protecting all personal information (name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number) you share with us. In compliance with the provincial legislation, the Personal Information Privacy Act (PIPA), the Edmonton Space & Science Foundation collects/uses personal information to:
- Provide TELUS World of Science - Edmonton Annual Members with information about our programs and services as well as upcoming events.
- Administer contests and/or special promotions into which members of the public have entered their names.
- Provide information about our facility, products, and services that you have requested.
- Provide expedited services for repeat customers.
TELUS World of Science - Edmonton does not make it a practice to sell or trade personal information that it has collected with third parties.
- Even if you do nothing more during your visit than browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, please be aware that the Foundation automatically gathers and stores certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. The Foundation collects and stores information about your visit such as:
1.01 The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the TELUS World of Science – Edmonton (TWoSE) Web site;
1.02 The type of browser and operating system used to access the TWoSE site;
1. 03 The date and time you access the TWoSE site;
1. 04 The pages you visit on the TWoSE site; and
1. 05 If you are linked to the TWoSE Web Site from another web site, the address of that Web site.
The Foundation uses this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. The Foundation does not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
- Edmonton Space & Science Foundation encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from TELUS World of Science – Edmonton so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. The Edmonton Space & Science Foundation is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the TELUS World of Science – Edmonton Web site.
- If you choose to provide the Foundation with personal information in an e-mail or by filling out an electronic form and submit it to the Foundation through our web site, the Foundation will use that information to respond to your message and to assist us to provide you the requested information or service.
- The personal information you share with the Foundation is provided only to those areas that are required to carry out the business that relates to you. All e-mail messages sent or received are the property of the Foundation and may be accessed by department heads or their delegates without further consent of the author. All e-mail messages required to be retained by law will be printed and maintained through a records management process.
- Security measures are implemented in order that web services remain available to all users. The Foundation computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify attempts to tamper with information, or to otherwise cause damage.
For more information, contact the Privacy Officer:
TELUS World of Science – Edmonton
11211 142 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5M 4A1