SCIENCE IN MOTION SERVES COMMUNITIES FARTHER THAN 100 KM FROM EDMONTON.
To book a Virtual School Program fill out the Online Booking Form.
To book SIM Science Week or to request an in-person visit from the Science in Motion team, fill out the SIM Programming Request Form.
For more information call the SIM Office at 780-452-9100 ext 2250 during regular Business Hours.
A full day of in-person programming includes four assembly presentations or four Traveling Nature Exchange programs. Travel charges are listed on the Program Fees page and are subject to change.
- Assembly Programs: A gymnasium or similar large gathering space must be designated for all assembly presentations. Libraries, classrooms or other small spaces are not appropriate for assembly presentations. The space assigned to the presenter must not be booked for any other use during the hour before the first presentation, and the hour after the last presentation of the day.
- Traveling Nature Exchange Programs: A classroom or library can be used for the Traveling Nature Exchange. Please note, this program involves outside activities. Students and teachers should dress accordingly.
Program Group Size:
- In response to COVID-19 Alberta Public Health and Safety Guidelines the maximum number of students in an Assembly Presentation should not exceed one cohort of students.
- If the school is not using a cohort system, the maximum number of students should not exceed 50 per assembly and students should be physically distanced from each other and from the presenter.
- The presenter reserves the right to re-seat students in a manner that they determine maintains student and presenter safety and follows Alberta Health guidelines.
- The maximum number of students in the Travelling Nature Exchange should not exceed 30 students.
- Science in Motion Education Outreach Specialists are fully vaccinated.
- Education Outreach Specialists will wear appropriate PPE and maintain physical distance from students and staff. Please follow current gathering guidelines when planning for how many students will be present for each Assembly.
- The Education Outreach Specialists will conduct health screenings prior to arriving at your school and will participate in necessary health screenings upon arrival.
- Please notify TELUS World of Science - Edmonton in advance if your school has any further restrictions or guidelines in place that are required at your school.
Fees and Payments:
- The amount owing is shown on your booking confirmation.
- Payment can be made by cheque, Visa, MasterCard, or direct deposit.
- Cheques made payable to: Edmonton Space & Science Foundation. Please write your booking confirmation number on your cheques.
- Visa or MasterCard payments can be phoned in to our Bookings Office at 780-451-3344. Contact our Bookings Team for direct deposit information.
- Program fees are as published and are subject to change without notice.
- Once you have submitted your booking request, and we have confirmed your dates and programs, we will send you a confirmation letter.
- Full payment is required within ten (10) business days of receiving your booking confirmation.
- Payment is due in full within five (5) days of receiving your booking confirmation.
- 1. Are Education Outreach Specialists (SIM Instructors) fully vaccinated?
- 2. What COVID health protocols will you follow when you visit our school?
- 3. Do you offer virtual programs?
- 4. Do you offer in-person programs?
- 5. How many students can participate in a program at once?
- 6. How far in advance do I need to book a virtual program?
- 7. What is the process for booking an in-person SIM visit to my school?
- 8. When do I have to pay for my booking?
- 9. What is your cancelation policy?
- 10. What can I expect when the SIM team visits my school in person?
- 11. I still have questions after reviewing this FAQ and your Booking Policies. Who do I contact?