SCIENCE IN MOTION SERVES COMMUNITIES FARTHER THAN 100 KM FROM EDMONTON.
If you would like to come to visit TELUS World of Science in Edmonton, see our Educator page
Science in Motion bookings are organized around a three-day travel week (Tuesday to Thursday). For single or two-day bookings, we will need to book with other local schools to fulfil the three-day requirements for your area. Schools that arrange their own partner schools are eligible for a discounted rate. If you are unable to arrange a partnership, we are happy to help.
Requests can be made at any time for the current or the following school year. Bookings are based on a first come, first served system – all requests are considered, but not guaranteed.
To begin your booking request, please visit the SIM Programming Request Form.
A full day of in-person programming includes four assembly presentations or four Traveling Nature Exchange programs. Travel charges are listed on the Program Fees page and are subject to change.
- Assembly Programs: A gymnasium or similar large gathering space must be designated for all assembly presentations. Libraries, classrooms or other small spaces are not appropriate for assembly presentations. The space assigned to the presenter must not be booked for any other use during the hour before the first presentation, and the hour after the last presentation of the day.
- Traveling Nature Exchange Programs: A classroom or library can be used for the Traveling Nature Exchange. Please note, this program involves outdoor activities. Students and teachers should dress accordingly.
- Upon confirmation of presentation dates, a 50% deposit is due within 10 business days to secure the date(s).
- Full payment of programs is due 14 days prior to presentation date.
- Program cancellations received with 8 weeks notice or more will receive a full refund (less a $50 administration fee per presentation day booked)
- Program cancellations received with less than 8 weeks notice will forfeit the 50% deposit
- Program cancellations received with less than 14 days notice will result in the full program fee being charged
- In the event TELUS World of Science is unable to present a program due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued if an alternate date is not available.
Fees and Payments:
- The amount owing is shown on your booking confirmation.
- Payment can be made by cheque, Visa, MasterCard, or direct deposit.
- Cheques made payable to: Edmonton Space & Science Foundation. Please write your booking confirmation number on your cheques.
- Visa or MasterCard payments can be phoned in to our Bookings Office at 780-451-3344. Contact our Bookings Team for direct deposit information.
- Program fees are as published and are subject to change without notice.
For more information on booking your Science in Motion visit, contact the SIM team at firstname.lastname@example.org