Science in Motion serves communities farther than 100 km from Edmonton. TELUS World of Science – Edmonton invites communities to book our new Virtual Programs, Assembly Presentation and Traveling Nature Exchange.
Bookings open Monday, August 31. To book a program fill out the Online Booking Form.
Requests may be made at any time for the 2020-2021 school year.
Bookings are based on a first-come, first-served system – all requests are considered, but not guaranteed.
Upon confirmation of dates, a 50% deposit is due within 10 business days to secure the date(s).
Full payment of programs is due 14-days prior to presentation date
Booking In-School Programs:
- In response to COVID-19 Alberta Public Health and Safety Guidelines the maximum number of students in an Assembly Presentation should not exceed one cohort of students.
- If the school is not using a cohort system, the maximum number of students should not exceed 50 per assembly and students should be physically distanced from each other and from the presenter.
- The presenter reserves the right to re-seat students in a manner that they determine maintains student and presenter safety and follows Alberta Health guidelines.
- The maximum number of students in the Travelling Nature Exchange should not exceed 30 students.
- Bookings are organized around a three-day presentation week (Tuesday to Thursday). For single or two-day bookings, we will need to book with other local schools to fulfill the three-day requirements for your area. All bookings are tentative until the week has been fully booked.
- The SIM team wear appropriate PPE and maintain physical distance from students and staff. Please follow current gathering guidelines when planning for how many students will be present for each Assembly.
- The SIM team will conduct health screenings prior to arriving at your school and will participate in necessary health screenings upon arrival.
- Please notify TELUS World of Science - Edmonton in advance if your school has any further restrictions or guidelines in place that are required at your school.
- Please also notify our Bookings Office if our visit needs to be canceled due to an outbreak or school closure. We will reschedule with no penalty.
For more information call our Bookings Office at 780-451-3344.