SCIENCE IN MOTION SERVES COMMUNITIES FARTHER THAN 100 KM FROM EDMONTON.
If you would like to come to visit TELUS World of Science in Edmonton, see the Educator page.
Science in Motion bookings are organized around a three-day travel week (Tuesday to Thursday). For single or two-day bookings, the team will need to book with other local schools to fulfil the three-day requirements for your area. Schools that arrange their own partner schools are eligible for a discounted rate. If you are unable to arrange a partnership, the SIM Team is happy to help.
Requests can be made at any time for the current or the following school year. Bookings are based on a first come, first served system – all requests are considered, but not guaranteed. Check out the FAQ below for more information.
To begin your booking request, please visit the SIM Programming Request Form.
A full day of in-person programming includes four assembly, classroom, or mobile planetarium programs.
- Assembly Programs: A gymnasium or similar large gathering space must be designated for all assembly presentations. Libraries, classrooms, or other small spaces are not appropriate for assembly presentations. The space assigned to the presenter must not be booked for any other use during the hour before the first presentation, and the hour after the last presentation of the day.
- Classroom Program: All classroom programs require a suitable space for small group work, access to power and water, and a garbage can.
- Mobile Planetarium Shows: These programs require a large space to set up the inflatable planetarium dome; 6m x 6m with at least 4m of vertical clearance. Mobile Planetarium Programs must be booked in full morning or afternoon blocks (i.e., a minimum of two shows must be booked) as adequate time must be provided for Planetarium setup and takedown.
- Upon confirmation of presentation dates, full payment is due within 10 business days to secure the date(s).
- Program cancellations received with 8 weeks notice or more will receive a full refund (less a $50 administration fee per presentation day booked).
- Program cancellations received with less than 8 weeks notice will result in the full program fee being charged.
- In the event TELUS World of Science is unable to present a program due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued if an alternate date is not available.
Fees and Payments:
- The amount owing is shown on your booking confirmation.
- Payment can be made by cheque, Visa, MasterCard, or direct deposit.
- Cheques made payable to: Edmonton Space & Science Foundation. Please write your booking confirmation number on your cheques.
- Visa or MasterCard payments can be phoned in to our Bookings Office at 780-451-3344. Contact our Bookings Team for direct deposit information.
- Program fees are as published and are subject to change without notice.
For more information on booking your Science in Motion visit, contact the SIM team at email@example.com
- 1. How many students can participate in each program type?
- 2. What is the process for booking an in-person SIM visit to my school?
- 3. When do I have to pay for my booking? What is your cancellation policy?
- 4. What can I expect when the SIM team visits my school in person?
- 5. Do you offer virtual programs?
- 6. What can I do to ensure that Science in Motion can visit my school?
- 7. I still have questions after reviewing this FAQ and your Booking Policies. Who do I contact?