What Covid-19 Safety protocols do you have in place in camps?
We have the following protocols in place to help prevent the spread of Covid-19:
- All staff and campers must wear face masks while in our facility
- We are limiting the number of campers in each Winter Break camp to 12. Spring and Summer camps will have a maximum of 24 campers. These numbers may need to change depending on current AHS guidelines.
- Campers will have their temperatures taken when they arrive at camp, anyone showing a high temperature will not be allowed into camp.
- We ask families to pay close attention and keep children home if they display any symptoms like fever, sore throat, runny nose, and/or coughing.
- Campers will be given many opportunities to wash hands and encouraged to use hand sanitizer
- Toys and materials that campers touch will be cleaned and sanitized multiple times a day.
- Camps will stay in their own cohorts
- TELUS World of Science – Edmonton staff and volunteers are vaccinated or must present a negative Covid test to work
- Any guests ages 12 and older must show proof of Covid vaccination or a negative Covid test within the last 72 hours to enter our facility.
What if my child gets sick while in camp?
- Any children showing symptoms during the camp day will be isolated away from other campers. Families will be called to pick them up as soon as possible.
- Campers will be allowed back into camp once they have stopped showing symptoms and have had a negative Covid test.
- If a camper misses the majority of camp due to illness, families can get a refund.
- We asked families to pay close attention and keep children home if they display any symptoms like fever, sore throat, runny nose, and/or coughing.
What time do camps start?
Full-day camps begin at 9:00 AM and go until 4:00 PM. Half-day camps run from 9:00 AM-12:00 PM in the morning and the second camp runs from 1:00 PM-4:00 PM.
Is there an early drop-off or late pick-up option?
Yes. We offer Pre-Camp and Post-Camp Care for a fee. Pre-Camp Care begins at 7:30 AM and Post-Camp Care goes until 5:30 PM. You can purchase Pre-Camp and Post-Camp Care by contacting our Bookings team at 780-451-3344.
Do campers need lunch?
Campers will get a lunch break and a couple of snack breaks each day, so they will need to pack a lunch. Currently, we do not have access to microwaves so please pack items that do not need to be heated. Our camps are nut-free, so please be mindful of this when packing lunches and snacks. For Winter Break Camps, we will not be offering camp lunches for purchase. Please watch for Camp Lunch offerings to return for Spring and Summer 2022 Camps.
What will campers do in camps?
Under the guidance and supervision of our Camp Instructors, campers will explore galleries, do hands-on science activities, and watch shows in our IMAX and Zeidler Dome Theatres tailored to the theme of their camps. They will connect with other children and discover the fun of finding out!
What do campers need to bring?
The following things are great to have at camp:
- Water bottle with name clearly labelled on it
- A few face masks for multiple changes in a day
- A lunch
- Clothing that can get messy and is weather appropriate. The Winter Break December 28-31 camps will be going outside, please be prepared for this.
- Indoor shoes so campers can be more comfortable and not have to wear winter boots all day.
Are Winter Break Camps going outside?
In the Science in the Snow camp, campers will be spending time outside each day. Please ensure that campers are prepared for the weather with proper boots, coats, snow pants, mittens, and hats. We will not go outside if the temperature dips below -23 degrees celsius. We will stay inside and do alternate activities.
Have other questions?
Please call: 780-451-3344
In person at our Box Office:
11211 142 Street NW, Edmonton, AB
Thursday - Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.